<$BlogRSDURL$>
Photo of worker adjusting a wireless access point.

Worker adjusting the wireless access point outside my window.

Featured Tag: Wireless

Main Tags
art blogging learning mac movies other politics science tech wireless

The PF HYPER Blog

Sunday, May 15, 2005
 
Email Etiquette
ChangeThis, the manifesto place, previously blogged here, has an email etiquette manifesto called How to Be a Boor by Elly Markson. It's short and a good read.

He lists nine points. I would add a couple more about email subjects.

1. Your email needs a subject that somehow relates to the content. Don't leave it blank and don't reply to my last email to you and start a new topic without editing the subject.

2. Don't begin your email in the subject (with a sentence fragment) and then continue in the body.

Someone where I work does this. What I've discovered, at least about myself, is that I skim subject and sender and then jump to the body. It's jarring to jump to the body and find the three-dot ellipsis (...) and a partial sentence. Completely breaks the flow and I have to look up and start again with the subject.

Technorati Tags:
, , ,

|

Powered by Blogger